CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday 22 December 2008

BARGAIN DEAL: WHERE TO BUY GOOD SUPPORT BRAS

Hi everyone,

I trust you all had a lovely weekend and believe you are seriously preparing for Christmas. I envy you Naija folk, as I’ll be spending a very cold boring Christmas here in London. I wish I were in Calabar right now. Calabar is the best place to spend Christmas so if you’ve never been there, try going there one Christmas and you’d never spend Christmas anywhere else.

Ladies, I just thought I should share a beauty tip with you. If like most mums, breastfeeding has taken its toll on your boobs or they've given in to a bit of velocity, you'd be pleased to know that Matalan here in London make very cheap bras (£5) that would sort out ALL your "boob woes".

Most of us spend so much money on bras which cost from £18-£25 each or more from stores like Marks & Spencer, Gossard, LaSenza and Victoria Secrets; however I can assure you that upon their hefty price tags, none of them match this £5 Matalan bra when it comes to proper support. The only downside to the bras are that they are quite plain (no design) and start puffing up at the sides after a few washes; they also only go up to size 38C. We are hoping to tackle these areas when we bring out our own range. Most importantly though, it does its job and is very comfortable to wear (no uncomfortable underwiring poking your ribs). Considering that they are cheap anyway, I wouldn’t be too disappointed about the downside and would just buy loads. It’s best to wear them if you are wearing something low cut and want to show off some cleavage. You can use your expensive bras with other attires.

It is very horrible to display droopy boobs, so please always wear a good support bra if you must show some cleavage. Remember also that less is more, so please don’t show off cleavage and legs at the same time. That is so wrong. I will be posting pictures of a few celebs in my next post to illustrate to you how to do this/how not to do this.

If you are interested in this bra, it's called Multiway bra and it has clear straps as well as normal ones, so you can alternate when you don't want to use the normal straps (eg if you're wearing a backless or halter neck top). The good thing is that although it does have underwiring, you'd never feel a thing, as it has good padding. The underwiring is shaped according to your breast moulds and goes all around, cupping your entire boobs whilst lifting them at the same time; unlike most underwirings that push up just the bottom part of your boobs, still leaving the top part looking a l’il droopy- I think this is the secret of its perfect hold.

Since they are so cheap, my advice is to buy as many as possible (maybe 5 whites and 5 blacks), because they sell out quite quickly, especially the black ones. Even if you don’t live in the UK, you can always send someone to get some of these bras for you. Believe me, it’s an investment you won’t regret if you are a fan of low cut attires.

Finally, it is also important to get your boobs measured to determine your correct size, if you’ve not already done so. For those of you that live in the UK, LaSenza, M&S and John Lewis offer this service free of charge. You wouldn't believe the number of people that wear wrong sized bras without realizing it. I used to think I was a size 36B, but when I got measured years ago, I found out that I’m actually a size 38C. Ill fitting bras can disfigure your boobs, so please get them measured. I also offer this service and would be visiting Nigeria soon with my tape measure, so if you’re interested, please let me know.

Much love. xoxo

10 comments:

Zoe Believer said...

I like this o, true talk. I am a fan of the multiway as it goes up to larger sizes but can never seem to find it when I need it. La senza also does bra fittings..I love your blog!

Boob Sista 1 said...

Thanks a lot. I'll visit yours as well.

Afrobabe said...

Ok, I am off to marks and spencer to get measured then straight to matalan to buy the rght size..

thanks...

The Boob Sistas said...

You are welcome babes.

Buttercup said...

thanx for the tips..im currently in naija on holiday, when r y'all gonna be here?

princesa said...

First off babes, am going to be needing some of those Matalan Bras. You've got to find a way to send them down(wink). Then am also up fpr some boob measurement, i think am a 36D but who knows...

Nice blog darling.

Boob Sista 1 said...

@ Buttercup: It would be sometime in April next year when Linda Ikeji would be having her next fashion show i think. I would let you know when she confirms to me, as i have been invited to comment and give my own views on what people are wearing.

@ Princesa: Our range should be out by then touch wood, so you'd be good. Would also measure you.

kelly O. said...

can i say if ur a d-cup upwards anoda good place for bras is bravissimo on oxford street, london. they r great. they carry cups from d-k. also have an in house measuring service.

Boob Sista 1 said...

@ kelechi: of course you can. i don't know it all and welcome extra tips. thanks for the info babes; i really do appreciate. thanks for visiting as well.

Anonymous said...

thank you too kelechi. i am a 42E cup size and can hardly find bras that fit well. i am sending my cousin in london money pronto to buy me some.